April 17, 2016

Novels and Fictions: My Favorite Fiction Writers

Novels are probably the most addictive thing I have in my life, so addictive that once I start a novel, I can't focus on any other work before finishing that novel. My first encounter with novel was in 7th standard when I came across a Hardy Boys novel in my School's library. After that I didn't take much time to finish reading all the available novels of Hardy Boys and then followed Nancy Drew. Both were similar ones, meant for small children. Stories of adventure, suspense and playfulness. Sherlock Holmes books by Arthur Conan Doyle followed next. His wise detective ventures with Doctor Roberts were always so fascinating. And then I slowly moved on to several other writers' novels, like those by Agatha Christie, Robert Ludlum, Fredrick Forsyth,Sidney Sheldon, Jeffrey Archer, and then Chetan Bhagat. Needless to say, I used to read novels just and just for entertainment. I loved novels with thrill, suspense and mystery. 
Image Source:-
http://coverwhiz.com/content/
Angels-And-Demons_novel.jpg

In last few years, I read several other kind of novels, which were a mix of philosophy and the usual thrill and suspense. Dan Brown and Gregory David Roberts (of Shantaram fame), have been two such novelists who have impressed me a lot with their writing style. Out of all these novelists, Dan Brown is the one, whom I would put as my most favourite novelist. Almost 7-8 yrs back, when I had came across his most famous novel- Da Vinci Code- I was least interested to read that, or any of his other novels. That's because the novel, going by news, seemed more of a religious and scientific fiction, and I was least interested in the genre. Suspense,thriller were what attracted me. But then last year a friend suggested me one of his other novel, I took it up to read, and found it quite exciting! It was indeed related to religious mythology, but there were fare share of suspense, and thrill involved. After that I finished most of his novels one by one. Interestingly, I didn't find his most famous novel - Da Vinci Code- that nice. 

It was another novel- "Angels and Demons", which I liked most. His novels stand out in a sense that they contain a right mix of religion stuff, philosophy and the thrilling suspense. I liked the Gregory David Roberts's novels too. But Dan Brown's novels have a slight edge. Besides, Robert's books are more like inspired from his own life. But since they are inspired from real life, they look more realistic too. That said, Dan Brown, will stay to be my favourite fiction writer, followed by the Shantaram :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Ads